Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Glory Glory! Its a Hell of a way to die

I went for the kill, three were already dead. It was a tactical op carried out to the pinnacle of its perfection. And most of all we had no other choice. As Tennyson had said it, they had marched the valley of death and surrender was a no-nonsense for them. They succumbed to the ultimate and we can't say they dint put up a fight. Just that they were weak. There is a reason why we still hold the top of the evolution chart.

Men have strange habits. They sleep all the night just to wake up in the morning to cleanse their mouth with some peppermint so that they dont give out a noxious smell. Rather they might not have slept at all to peppermint themselves in the morning. But they never care. All they need is yet another avenue to prove that they are lazy. So was the day when it began with the search for the peppermint. I found them hanging on the edge of the cupboard, when i placed my hand on it. It then appeared out clenching its fist which i obviously coudn't see but could feel its breath on my skin when i placed my hand closer to it. I had not noticed it till then. It jus cracked a little and then began to jump forward. I was actually taken aback. Primarily it was morning and i was slacky after my slumber and secondly it was there right in my cupboard. How in the world did it reach there? Without second thought i pushed myself back only to be hit on the bedside and fall gregariously onto the cushionless bed only to break a bone or two. I recovered quickly and now with both of us knowing our presence we became alert. I had the added advantage of home ground, but not to under estimate its alacrity and firm footing.

I wanted to face it head on. A warrior's stroke, you may call it. One by one i started removing things out of the place providing it more space to come forward. People might say you need to lead your enemy into your determined path. But i say to make your enemy uncomfortable give him first more space, he shall get confused and ultimately fall in your trap. So did my strategy took over me and i eventually faced my opponent again. The moment it found open space he ran listlessly and made a fretful jump only to fall on my skin. I immediately with a reflex action of less than a millionth of a second cornered my leg and made it flew through the side of the door. It had one meanest chance to escape and it went for it. Just then i lauched a killer strike on him, right on his upper abdomen with a stick equivalent of a not-so-fat baseball bat. The shot was intact and the receiver got the full brunch of it only to be sent ot a deft undertaker ot give it a better look on its funeral. It was a terrible blow on the mean soul. I rushed aside into the kitchen only to find a few more dead. It hardly mattered anymore I couldn't just bear the sight of dead ones in front of me, but then what to say I was just afraid of lifting them and throw away!

2 comments: